Fall Fashion Advice from T.J.Maxx that's Affordably Chic. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG
Dramatic sleeves, fitted waists, high necklines and opulent colors make Fall/Winter 2007 a standout season. “The season’s best looks revolve around polished sophistication,” explains T.J. Maxx Fashion Spokesperson Laura McDowell. “There are subtle touches of traditional menswear that have taken on a feminine feel, for example ties at the neck on blouses, herringbone and plaid patterns and wide-leg pants. This fall is all about comfort and style that all women can wear confidently to work or out on the town.” In addition, McDowell advises adding accessories that are intricate, detailed, embellished & shiny. “Accessories play an important role this fall. The right accessory can completely change your outfit and even one piece can update your entire wardrobe; choose a gorgeous frame bag, wide leather belt or peep toe pumps to pull your look together.”
Some tips for pulling together your fall wardrobe:
- Color: for key wardrobe pieces, invest in gray or charcoal, and spice things up with jewel tones & all shades of blue (from peacock to navy)
- Fabric: menswear tweeds & plaid, metallic brocade, knits
- Details: turtlenecks, Peter Pan collars, elaborate sleeves (balloon, bell, flutter, lantern)
- Metallics: Whether it's burnished silver, pewter, bronze, or gold - they add a modern edge to an ensemble.
- Bags: go for the extremely oversized or small - in particular the clutch - in suede, embossed and patent leather, metal hardware, animal prints and metallic leather; while black & brown are classic, eye-popping shades of kelly green, orange & deep purple create a strong fashion statement;
- Accessories: belts (either a wide waist-cincher of a sleekly narrow band; opaque tights (plain or textured); gloves for ladylike glamour (try crimson red or cobalt); hats (military or cabbie styles with accents like buttons; fitted knit styles); jewelry such as cocktail rings, charm-like necklaces, hoop earrings, and pearls with gold or silver accents (choose colors like green, purple, amethyst, amber, or turquoise)
- Shoes: practical flats & pumps (peep toes, two-tone spectator designs and chunky heels) - look for metal ornamentation, plaids and stripes, tweed, herringbone and patent leather; boots (bootie to knee-high) in colors like silver, eggplant, sapphire blue or bright red
- Key Pieces: dresses (especially knit sweater dresses or with a 60s geometric print); wide-leg pants, trousers, and dark-wash jeans (pair with a contoured sweater or belted jacket); pencil skirts paired with a cropped jacket; cowl neck sweaters, bow blouses, turtlenecks & coats with a Peter Pan collar
The T.J. Maxx Top Five Fall Fashion Must-Haves:
- cropped jacket with lots of swing in a menswear tweed or plaid
- knit dress, especially in grey
- dress, sweater or blouse with an interesting sleeve
- top with a feminine collar, bow tie, cowl neck or turtleneck
- structured frame bag; embossed or patent leather
For more budget-friendly fall fashion, visit TJMaxx.com.
- Lesley Scott
The comments to this entry are closed.