"Too many people these days travel purely to tick items off a list of things to be seen, rather than letting the experience truly seep through," notes the French-born Anne Suire, the owner of Luxury Travel Consultant, which has six new tours of France on offer for fall, all focusing on various regional specialties - and all at a relaxed pace.
Designed for small groups of 8-10 people, they are divided into three categories of two tours each:
- for women who like art, food, wine, and shopping
- with a focus on painting in the Luberon region of France
- the high life in a plush castle outside Avignon with an expert chef, housekeepers and waiters
All the tours include:
- visits to wineries
- tours of the region
- visits to local artists like potters, sculptors and designers
- transfers & first-class TGV train rides
- stays in luxury villas and castles
- additional facilities: private chef, daily housekeeping, luxury car rentals & chauffeurs
"Our tours are not touristy but rather educational, and we want our clients to see the world from a different perspective and feel absolutely at home in France." For France at a more French pace, visit LuxuryTravelConsultant.com.
- The Travel Snob