Belize Travel Agent and Tour Operator Green Dragon Adventure Travel recently announced their new travel package: a 5 Night Extreme Jungle Adventure. Based out of their Belize Jungle Dome in the adventure center of Belize, it's a comfortable, tranquil sanctuary in the heart of the Cayo District. "We provide very comfortable surroundings for our guests, with modern conveniences at the Belize Jungle Dome," explains owner Andy Hunt, a former British Professional football player. "We encourage our guests to spend every day meeting local people, exploring the region, discovering the deep history and culture of Belize and of course having an adrenalin filled adventure on the way. It is our intention to take care of everything our guests need so that all they have to do is turn up at the airport and have fun."
While not suitable for children, this package - which features the steamy jungle, wildlife-rich rivers, and sacred caves - is replete with adventure galore, as well as Mayan history and archaeology. Additional days can be added on to relax and enjoy the beautiful beaches and reef system the country is famous for.
5 Night Extreme Jungle Adventure:
- DAY 1 Arrive in Belize City. Transfer to the Belize Jungle Dome
- DAY 2 Actun Tunichil Muknal Caving and Jungle Hike. A trip into the depths of the Belize Jungle to visit sacred saves and explore an untouched Mayan Site - a cave system consisting of a series of chambers, ending in a 300 by 50 meter Cathedral where sacrificial ceremonies once took place
- DAY 3 Kayaking Day Trip Rapids. A combination of rapids and plenty of calm water, with lunch and swimming at Clarissa Falls Resort, followed by a full day of kayaking.
- DAY 4 Hiking & Jungle Rappelling Adventure. A hike through the jungle to the infamous Black Hole Drop - 200 feet above the rainforest canopy - that grows out from the basin. After abseiling down into the jungle canopy and enjoying the sound of your own screams echoing back at you, a mouth-watering picnic awaits at the bottom, along with a scenic cave. (If you opt for the romantic overnight caving adventure, you'll stay inside a Mayan underworld complete with dinner, candles, and even a flower-strewn bed.) A hike back to base camp follows.
- DAY 5 Cave Tubing & Zip Line Adventure Tour. Go cave tubing along underground waterways just like the Mayans who used these caves a thousand years ago (fascinating artifacts remain). The cave walls glisten, showing off their crystal formations, and beautiful stalactites & stalagmites. Then enjoy zipping through the canopy of trees from platform to platform on cables!
- DAY 6 Adios! Transfer back to Belize International Airport for connecting flight or transfer.
- The Travel Snob