Undo Summer Skin Sins! 7 Skincare Secrets to Combat Sun Damage. FASHIONTRIBES BEAUTY BLOG
To sail into fall with a glowing complexion, Cosmetic Aesthetic Expert Dr. Cheryl Perlis offers up these seven tips & tricks:
- Why? Get rid of dry, flaky, scaly skin & allow treatments to reach deep within the dermis.
- How: At-home exfoliators work in a pinch, but a chemical peel or professional microdermabrasion session is more effective.
- Must-haves: Retin A, Renova or Retinols
- Why? Replenishes dull, dry skin to its original glow.
- How: One laser skin rejuvenation treatment with the Laser Genesis will spur collagen production while adding tautness and color. A photo facial will help damaged skin breathe and grow a healthy exterior.
- Must-haves: Collagen and Elastin Gel by Clayton Shagal & Witch Hazel (refreshes skin, reduces pore size, removes makeup, reduces bags under the eyes and relieves sunburn)
3. Moisturize Face and Body
- Why? Regular moisturizing prevents wrinkles and keeps skin firm and smooth.
- How: Cut back on products with Vitamin A as they dry skin. Switch from lotions to creams for deeper replenishing. And remember: exfoliate the body before moisturizing.
- Must-haves: Pond's Cold Cream - it moisturizes and cleanses at the same time.
- How: Eliminate the appearance of wrinkles with dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane - which remove lines & add volume. Botox also removes wrinkles and prevents them from developing further
- Must-haves: Vaseline (as long as your skin isn't acne-prone or excessively oily)
5. Replenish Lips
- How: Heal sun-damaged lips by applying balm several times per day, wax-based balms prevent sun damage while Vitamin E adds extra protection
- Must haves: Skinceuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair
- Why? Unless it's hydrated, skin cannot glow.
- How: Drink half your weight in ounces of water as a bare minimum (eg. if you are 150 lbs make sure to drink at least 75 ounces per day as your baseline). However, if you exercise, sweat a lot or are a mouth breather, up your intake further
7. Take Vitamins
- Why? Daily multivitamins keep the body protected against sickness. During the change of seasons, a cold or flu keeps skin from getting that healthy glow.
- Lesley Scott
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Undo Summer Skin Sins! 7 Skincare Secrets to Combat Sun Damage. FASHIONTRIBES BEAUTY BLOG:
How about men ? Use the same as you mentions or diferrent ?
Posted by: Matt | Oct 22, 2007 6:57:01 AM
Matt Let Try This Site Cosmetic For Men It's your answers here.
Posted by: Sithan | Oct 22, 2007 7:02:10 AM
Could you please recommend non-oil moisturizes
Posted by: Care ying | Oct 31, 2007 7:22:19 PM
How about the use of essential oils? Aromatherapy?
Posted by: Darrin (Aromatherapy Believer) Reservitz | Jan 2, 2008 12:35:45 PM