« STYLEHIVE BUZZ: Flowers Die...Unlike the Lily Table Lamp Which Lives On & is Actually Useful. FASHIONTRIBES HOME DECOR BLOG | Main | Weekly Web Snob Roundup: The Best Posts of the Week from Our Fave Online Fashion & Lifestyle Publishers. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG »
Help Your Waistline Survive the Upcoming Holiday Party Circuit with 7 Easy Tips from Dr. Grigory Sadkhin. FASHIONTRIBES BEAUTY BLOG
Holiday parties are just around the corner...which are fun for the soul & palate - think turkey, stuffing, eggnog, champagne, tasty tidbits - but hell on the waistline. Fortunately, Dr. Grigory Sadkhin, founder of The Sadkhin Complex, has these seven essential tips to help your dress size survive the festivities intact:
1. DON'T EAT...CHAT Remind yourself that you're at the party to socialize rather than eat. Engage in conversation whenever possible; the more you talk, the less you’ll eat so keep your attention on convo.
2. FAST, THEN PARTY Make the day before the party a “fasting day” with green tea or a raw fruits and vegetables; your stomach will shrink, making it easier to not overeat. And before you head out to par-tay, eat a small but satisfying meal. The day after, give your digestive system time to recover from the holiday feast by eating your first meal as late as possible (never earlier than 12pm).
3. WEAR SNUG STYLES Tight or body-conforming clothes & underthings are less forgiving and will help you feel fuller faster.
4. BE DISCERNING ABOUT WHAT YOU EAT Instead of eating whatever is in front of you, imagine that you’re a food critic. By sampling different types of food, you'll find yourself filling up faster, and enjoying a broader taste experience. Use smaller bites, smaller plates, and smaller forks and chew your food 25-30 times before swallowing to help digestion, and prevent overeating.
5. PORTION IN 3s Limit salad ingredients to three items - preferably raw fruits or vegetables - to stimulate the digestive system and improve absorption & proper organ function.
6. DRINK SMARTER Instead of an after-dinner coffee, try metabolism-enhancing green tea. Alcohol is rich in sugar and carbohydrates, so limit intake to straight drinks or dry - rather than sweet - wine.
7. DO DESSERT THE RIGHT WAY Pears are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without unhealthy sugars and fats. If chocolate is a must, opt for antioxidant-rich dark over milk chocolate, and instead of sugar, try honey which is already in gluse form and takes less energy to digest, keeping insulin levels stable & helps to feel satisfied longer.
For more survival tactics on staying slim during the holiday party circuit, check out Sadkhin.com.
- Lesley Scott
(image: Babes at the Bash by Karen Dupre, allposters.com)
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Help Your Waistline Survive the Upcoming Holiday Party Circuit with 7 Easy Tips from Dr. Grigory Sadkhin. FASHIONTRIBES BEAUTY BLOG: