How to Be a Stylish, Look-Like-a-Million Bride Without Spending a Bundle. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG
Whether you're already twice- (or thrice-) divorced, "older", or in some way a "non-traditional" bride, you're probably less than excited about the notion of forking over thousand$$$ for a tulle meringue you'll never wear again...particularly if you're footing the bill.
Instead - think vintage!
Even the most pricey designer vintage is far more affordable than its modern-day counterpart, and if you're not hung up on labels, you can score an incredibly sexy-chic "wiggle" dress from the 50s, mod Courreges'eque frock from the 60s, or, for all an all-out girlie look, a midcentury satin & tulle prom dress - all in fab condition and priced well under the $500 mark. Not to mention the fact that most of these garments are hand sewn and finished...an option only available today for much much more. Some good places to find fab vintage:
- The Frock
- Blue Velvet Vintage
- Vintage Vixen
- Decades (L.A.)
- Resurrection (NYC)
- Blue Velvet Vintage
- Shrimpton Couture
- Dorthea's Closet
- Posh Girl Vintage
- Debutante Clothing
- Eye Candy (high quality, hand selected accessories)
- ...also, check out the Zuburbia & Vintage Style Files blogs for fab vintage finds
And what to wear with your high-chic-quotient, low-cost frock? Modern-day - but equally budget-friendly - accessories. Look for amazing end-of-season markdowns at Overstock.com, HSN.com, QVC, NineWest.com, UrbanOutfitters.com, ASOS.com, & TopShop.com on jewelry, bags, shoes, accessories, designer lookalikes & even honeymoon trips - freeing up your pennies to invest in that fancy ring you'll be wearing everyday.
- SOMETHING OLD vintage 50s/60s cocktail dress - Vintageous.com
- SOMETHING NEW pale gold metallic Loubie'esque Marilyn pumps - OhDeerShoes.com
- SOMETHING BORROWED Ii you don't have a grandma to borrow an antique pearl necklace from, then fake it with a strand of freshwater pearls discounted 80% at Overstock.com. (photo: Iridesse.com)
- SOMETHING BLUE for the perfect, girlie touch, tie a delicate blue ribbon around your wrist - Rachel Leigh blue silk ribbon tie with a Dove of Peace charm at Bunnyhug.co.uk
...& for good luck, SOME BLING! No one need know you spent $35 instead of $35,000 on these blinding 3 carat Diamonique studs, or less than $30 for a snazzy beaded satin clutch!
- Lesley Scott
The comments to this entry are closed.