« Rag & Bone Teams Up with Lancôme in a Limited Edition Line of Tees that Benefit Carbonfund.org. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION & BEAUTY BLOG | Main | Rebecca Minkoff Says Hello Kitty! Momoberry by Sanrio to Launch a Holiday Line of Co-Branded Bags. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION & ACCESSORIES BLOG »
Capes! Capes! Capes! Forget a Jacket & Don Fall's Absolute Must Have. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG
As Sherlock Holmes proved, capes have enduring panache. Whether you're a literary fan or just want to look like a fashion snob in-the-know, the cape is fall's it outerwear of choice. Unlike the "investment" of a winter coat, have some fun with a cape. Go for an oversize print you might normally avoid, rock a lumberjack plaid, choose a plush shearling or cashmere, or, perhaps, opt for a groovy one-of-a-kind vintage number.
Cool capes for a fab fall season:
- Stella McCartney oversize check cape - Net-a-Porter.com
- vintage houndstooth cape with bright orange lining - Vintagous.com
- ...or for the original dashing-dude-in-a-cape feel, it's all about Sherlock Holmes - InvernessCapes.com (available in women's sizes)
- Little Red Riding Hood by Jimmy Hourihan of Dublin - LindaClifford.com
- Burberry trench cape - NeimanMarcus.com
- Nordstrom wool plaid - Nordstrom.com
- Loro Piano shearling - NeimanMarcus.com
- Armani Collezioni - NeimanMarcus.com
- white & black - HopeandGlorie.com
- Alexander McQueen - BrownsFashion.com
- Etro fur-collared capelet - Saks.com
- Missoni Zaira floral cape - Net-a-Porter.com
- Valentino Red - Saks.com
- wool & cashmere tweed cape - Tweedstore.com
- Tibi mint cape - ActiveEndeavors.com
- 60 boho chic poncho/cape - Vintage70sClothing.com
- House of Doucet wool & ostrich feather trim cape with jet glass - TheFrock.com
- Louise Goldin floor length - BrownsFashion.com
- black velvet, gold lame & dark violet lace antique Edwardian - The Frock.com
- Lesley Scott
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Capes! Capes! Capes! Forget a Jacket & Don Fall's Absolute Must Have. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG:
I love the cape for fall. These are all such great options!!
Posted by: nicole | Aug 27, 2007 4:14:33 PM
A cape is fine if you never have to drive or be a passenger in a car. Have you ever tried to put a seatbelt over a cape? It's like trying to drive a car wrapped in a blanket. You could take it off while you drive and then put it on with a twirl and a flourish when you exit the car, but that gets old real quick.
Posted by: pinky | Sep 1, 2007 5:17:06 AM
Hooray for capes!!!! Whooo hooo!! Love em love em! I do agree with the other poster about driving in them though total hassle.I normally take mine off.
Posted by: Lianne | Sep 12, 2007 10:59:21 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.