The Top 20 Wide-Legged Jeans & Pants to Help Get a Leg up On the Flattering New Trouser Trend. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG
While skinny jeans have always sounded like a great idea, they are simply not for all body types. If you're too non-Kate Moss, the silhouette can be less than flattering by emphasizing just what you don't want emphasized.
The antidote, however, is the elegant wide leg pant. These pants not only demand the wearer to slip into heels, which make any fashionista look more toweringly fabulous - always in fashion! - they also encourage the wearing of more dressy, ladylike tops, jewelry & accessories...all of which add up to an overall picture of timeless, effortless chic.
The 20 best wide-legged pants, jeans & trousers:
- Karen Walker Amelia pant - LeTrainBleu.com
- J Brand Joplin indigo Pallatzo - ActiveEndeavors.com
- Hudson Deluxe (as seen on Jessica Alba & Penelope Cruz) - ASOS.com
- Goldsign extra-wide 34" legs - NeimanMarcus.com
- Alice + Olivia front pleat (face it...pleats are back!) - Shopbop.com
- BCBG Tabitha - Macys.com
- Paige Premium Denim Hillhurst - Bloomingdales.com
- 80s paper-bag waist (& machine washable, too!) - TopShop.com
- Oscar de la Renta elegant wool pant - Net-a-Porter.com
- Black Gold wool & linen high-waisters - Anthropologie.com
- et vous Paris tween trouser - LaRedoute.com
- Fornarina - Yoox.com
- Kelly low-rise Palazzo - Delias.com
- Joe's Jeans rigid denim trousers - Nordstrom.com
- Dittos classic rigid indigo wash - ShopIntuition.com
- Angelrox - with signature waistband for a guaranteed smooth tummy; fold the panel to either reveal or conceal - Ravinstyle.com
- Lux lightweight denim sailor pant - UrbanOutfitters.com
- Diesel Wonnha - Bluefly.com
- moderate wide leg jean - BananaRepublic.com
- pinstripe tab-front - Gap.com
- Lesley Scott
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Top 20 Wide-Legged Jeans & Pants to Help Get a Leg up On the Flattering New Trouser Trend. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG:
What a great roundup! I need to get a pair of these for fall!
Posted by: Natalie | Jul 6, 2007 8:31:13 PM
I'm so having flash backs here! I just got in on the tail end of bell bottoms. I had the coolest pair of Levi's back then. [sigh]
Posted by: Tammy | Jul 8, 2007 10:27:10 AM
As a straight guy in the fashion industry, I have a uniquely male perspective on this trend. It's a god send. Trust me, wide legged pants do wonders for a woman's lower half. They make your butt look great.
What's more, skinny jeans look like they'd be hard to get off, and frankly who wants that??
Marketing Director - Queen of Suburbia Fashion.
Posted by: Mark Errington | Jul 8, 2007 1:55:57 PM
This is a great line up of wide legged jeans. Check out Genetic Denim's Mutated Twisted Seam Wide Leg Jean for another great option. They are sold at Shopbop.com:
Posted by: Gina | Jul 8, 2007 9:04:53 PM
love these jeans!!!!!!
Posted by: sean | Jul 20, 2007 4:38:02 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.