« Easy, Affordable Summer Makeup Tips from Neutrogena Cosmetics Expert, Matin. FASHIONTRIBES BEAUTY BLOG | Main | Solve the Casual Chic Dilemma with a Dose of Morphine Generation. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG »
Dress, Accessorize & Live a Fashionably Eco-Chic Life...both for Mother Earth & Your Karma. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION & BEAUTY BLOG
It's all good & well to commit to being green, until you're actually confronted with the notion of being seen in public in hemp garments or hideous earth-whatever footwear. Thankfully, a raft of respectable & eco-minded designers have come out with enough chic garments, beauty products & home stuff that being earth-friendly no longer involves a tradeoff between your conscience & your sense of style.
Some of the best ways to be green at home, in your wardrobe, and with your beauty products:
- Linda Loudermilk makes eco-chic a must have.
- Slick on some all-natural lipstick - it's better for you & the environment - DrHauschka.com
- An ensemble by Doie Designs, a line dedicated to fashionable earth-friendliness.
- Fuchsia satin T-strap platforms from avowed vegan & animal-rights activist Stella McCartney.
- Rock some ecologically-responsible jewelry from GreenKarat.com which uses only recycled precious metals & gemstones that don't contribute to destroying the earth through destructive mining practices.
- Colombian Tagua Nut bracelet which sustainably harvested from the rainforest. Sales proceeds help skilled local artisans get fair compensation & pursue higher education. WorldOfGood.com
- Stash it all in a metallic clutch made from repurposed candy wrappers & food packages. Ecoist.com
- Slip on a Stripe ring from Bali - 15% of the sales proceeds help local villagers and at-risk kids in Bali. FiveAccessories.com.
- Soak in the tub & add in all-natural, essential oil-filled Dr. Bronner's liquid soap as bubble bath. As an added benefit, the text-crammed label provides endless hours of wacky reading. DrBronner.com (photo: photo-folio.com)
- Be sure to set the mood with handcrafted, biodegradable & sustainable Pure Soy candles. PristinePlanet.com.
- Savor a glass of biodynamic wine, a method of growing grapes & making the wine that couldn't be more earth-friendly, not to mention pesticide-, chemical-, and additive-free. Try a 2003 Coulee de Serrant Chenin Blanc from forward-thinking French winemaker Nicolas Joly. Available at WineAccess.com. (photo: inmagine.com)
- Drink up in Tord Boontje glasses - made in Guatemala from recycled bottles as part of the Design with Conscience campaign that aims to use designs to foster humanitarian & environmental causes worldwide. EcoCentric.co.uk.
- Lounge around in a stylish & cozy organic cotton robe. UnderTheCanopy.com
- For more eco-chic ideas, curl up with a copy of It's Easy Being Green. Amazon.com
- And don't forget to light up with an energy-miserly fluorescent bulb, which uses 75% less energy, cuts down on coal burning at power plants, & reduces greenhouse gases & landfill. Walmart.com
- Lesley Scott
July 25, 2007 in Accessories, Affordable Fashion, Bags, Beauty, Design, Fashion, Fashion Do's & Don'ts, GIFTING, Home Decor, Jewelry, Make-Up, Outerwear, Rings, Shoes, Trend Alert, Weblogs | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Dress, Accessorize & Live a Fashionably Eco-Chic Life...both for Mother Earth & Your Karma. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION & BEAUTY BLOG:
The comments to this entry are closed.