« It's a "Bag Borrow or Steal" Bag Sale Extravaganza Until July 2, so Sign Up ASAP for Early Bird Savings. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION & ACCESSORIES BLOG | Main | Get Your Sex-Y Back Down to a Tee.. Check out the LA Story Tee-sing It Blog »
Cruelty-free Fashion Statements that Make You Look Great & Make a Difference to Our 4-Legged Friends. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG
The fact that Sienna Miller was photographed walking her doggies in this groovy Humane Society hoodie emblazoned with Club Sandwiches Not Seals - which contributes to the fight against the Canadian seal hunt - pretty much ensures her status on the top of the Fashion It-Girl foodchain in our book.
Why not take a fashion tip from Ms. Miller & support businesses that help rather than harm our fab four-legged friends with these clothes, accessories & accoutrements that make it easy & chic to support animal rights causes:
- Help save the baby seals & abolish the cruel Canadian seal hunt forever with a Humane Society hoodie from HSUS.com.
- Let an adorable baby chick on this I am Not a Nugget messenger bag remind people that chickens are more than the sum of their parts. At PetaCatalog.org.
- Don a pin made from pig-latin, reclaimed magazines & catalogs, and mounted on scraps of plastic destined for the landfill. SnootyJewelry.com
- Cruelty-free vegan Bloom pumps - MooShoes.com
- Vegan Mixx Disney Bambi in the Dark cellphone case - AlternativeOutfitters.com
- End Animal Experiments purple wristband - AnimalAidShop.org.uk
- Avoid supporting animal research altogether by giving a miss to animal- and animal-derived ingredients with this handy guide available from Amazon.com.
- Wear your cause on your sleeve (so to speak) by "adopting" a primate & donating to the Animal Protection Institute - where more than 400 nonhuman promates have been rescued from abusive situations in labs, zoos & bad owners, and finally have a second chance at a more natural life.
- Lesley Scott
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Cruelty-free Fashion Statements that Make You Look Great & Make a Difference to Our 4-Legged Friends. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG:
The best, quickest and most relaible way to ensure you buy cruelty-free non animal tested cosmetics, toiletries and household products is to visit the BUAV's fab new site www.gocrueltyfree.org
Posted by: marylouise | Jun 1, 2007 6:46:27 AM
Thanks for writing about this Lesley!
There is no reason not be a compassionate shopper these days when there are so many fashionable alternatives available. Thanks for letting others know!
Posted by: Allie | Jun 7, 2007 3:52:11 PM