« West Elm Opens in Midtown Miami with a Blow Out Party & Raises Over $10,000 for the Gen Art Foundation. FASHIONTRIBES HOME DECOR BLOG | Main | Be a Fairy Godmother and Help a Girl Get to Attend Her Prom! LA Story FROM THE HEART BLOG »
The Most Fashionable Celebrites Fight...for Human Rights, the Earth & Other Worthy & Vital Charities. The Top 10 Celebrity Causes. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG
Once you've bought everything thing you've ever desired, indulged every whim & spent more than you ever thought possible...and still have more money than you'll ever need, what next? Celebrities with true heart are using their wealth and their influential public platform to make it chic to care and give. Whether it's fighting the scourge of AIDS in Africa using the proceeds from fashionable gadgets (Bono), bringing attention to homelessness (Jon Bon Jovi), fighting for the environment (Leonardo diCaprio), helping the victims of war & natural disasters (Ellen DeGeneres) or donating red carpet ensembles to aid worthy charities (Beyonce), the true stars know that giving back is the new black:
The Top 10 celebs with a heart that we heart:
1. Bono Fighting the ravages of HIV/AIDS in Africa. (PRODUCT) RED
2. Ellen DeGeneres Fighting for the victims of war, violence & natural disasters. RedCross.int
3. Angelina Jolie Fighting to make a difference to education, health, environment & community development through music. Yele Haiti Foundation
4. Don Cheadle Fighting man's inhumanity to man in war-torn regions like Darfur. Not on Our Watch: The Mission to End Genocide in Darfur & Beyond. Available at Amazon.com.
5. Beyonce Fighting autism through fashion. Clothes Off Our Back Foundation
6. Leonardo diCaprio Fighting for Mother Earth. LeonardoDiCaprio.org
7. Kate Moss Fighting to make poverty history. MakePovertyHistory.org
8. Jon Bon Jovi Fighting for the homeless. ProjectHome.org
9. Oprah Fighting for the world's women, children & families - Oprah.com
- Lesley Scott
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Most Fashionable Celebrites Fight...for Human Rights, the Earth & Other Worthy & Vital Charities. The Top 10 Celebrity Causes. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG:
"Fighting autism" may be fashionable in some quarters, but large numbers of autistic people worldwide are instead seeking to gain respect as a social minority group, worthy of acceptance and human rights.
To Beyonce and anyone else who may be thinking about donating to Autism Speaks or another "fighting autism" group: Please think twice about it. That money is being used for eugenics research to develop a prenatal test for routine abortion of autistic children. One of the leading researchers, Dr. Joseph Buxbaum, stated in a Feb. 2005 interview on MSNBC.com that autism genetic research could lead to a prenatal test within 10 years:
If you really want to help autistic people, give instead to charities that promote social acceptance of neurodiversity, such as The Autism Acceptance Project.
Posted by: Bonnie Ventura | Apr 13, 2007 6:52:09 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.