« Brighten Dark Circles & Minimize Discolorations with the Same Handy Product: Laura Mercier Secret Brightener. FASHIONTRIBES BEAUTY BLOG | Main | FASHIONTRIBES 5 MIN. PODCAST: A Blaze of Sexy Feminity Hits the Resorts & Ski Slopes. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG & PODCAST »
Inspired to Fashion Design Greatness by the Vibrant Yellow of Bacardi Limon? Enter "Express Your Style" & Win a Full Portfolio Review from 24 Seven, Ca$h, an Internship & Editorial Spread in The Daily. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG & PODCAST
POCAST: Inspired to Fashion Design Greatness by the Vibrant Yellow of Bacardi Limon? Enter "Express Your Style" & Win a Full Portfolio Review from 24 Seven, Ca$h, an Internship & Editorial Spread in The Daily. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG & PODCAST - MP3 File
According to the She's Like a Rainbow: Colors in Fashion exhibit at NYC's Fashion Institute of Technology, yellow has a storied history. In Imperial China, it was regarded as the most beautiful of colors and representative of power, while fashionable 18th century Europeans adored the hue for its association with elegant, exotic chinoiserie. Yellow is also the tasty color of Bacardi Limon, which is sponsoring a fab contest for the fashion design-minded, in collaboration with their media sponsor, The Daily & one of the fashion industry's premier headhunting, job placement & search firms, 24 Seven.
Contestants will submit a sketch of a nightlife outfit inspired by Bacardi Limon, along with a descriptive paragraph about the creative concept. Five finalists will duke it out in NYC in a two hour walk-off style cut-and sew where they assemble their designs live before a panel of fash-insider judges. And the winner gets $5,000, an internship at Hollywould, appearances in the May issue of The Daily MINI, and a complete portfolio review & evaluation from 24 Seven.
In a fun podcast interview with Hillary Townsend, Marketing Manager of 24 Seven (above), she notes that “one of the primary misconceptions about the fashion business is that it’s an insurmountable object. But if you follow the proper steps, and catch a break, you can work in the fashion business. This contest allows people to get their foot in the door. As part of Bacardi Limon’s Express Your Style contest, 24 Seven is able to talk about the business and economics side of the fashion business, and what it takes to succeed. The contest is a unique way to share our expertise, and access. It is focused on nuturing & supporting up-and-coming talent. The winner will receive a copy of our book, How to Get a Job in Fashion, as well as a complete portfolio review.”
Important deets about the Bacardi Limon Express Your Style contest:
- To participate, you must be over 25 & NOT a resident of California, Rhode Island or Utah
- Entries must include a description of the creative concept (500 words or less) along with a sketch of the yellow nightlife ensemble, and fabric specs (type & yardage).
- Finalists must be able to travel to NYC for the final cut-and-sew competition on March 22, where the garment will be assembled live in front of the panel of judges.
- The winner will receive $5,000 cash, an internship with Hollywould, an editorial spread in The Daily, and a portfolio review & evaluation from 24 Seven.
- Enter by midight (NYC time) on February 16th at FashionWeekDaily.com
- For more info on Bacardi Limon, check out BacardiFlavors.com
- To listen to the exclusive Fashiontribes podcast with Brandusa Niro, Editor in Chief of The Daily, CLICK HERE.
- Lesley Scott
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Inspired to Fashion Design Greatness by the Vibrant Yellow of Bacardi Limon? Enter "Express Your Style" & Win a Full Portfolio Review from 24 Seven, Ca$h, an Internship & Editorial Spread in The Daily. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG & PODCAST:
The comments to this entry are closed.