« In the Battle of Hot Weather vs. Your Gorgeous Face, Kim Weinstein of IAmPrettyNYC Shares the Secrets of Summerproof Beauty. FASHIONTRIBES BEAUTY BLOG & PODCAST Interview | Main | FASHIONTRIBES ASK THE CHIEF: Downtown Dolls Needn't Be Intellectual All the Time, Especially at the Beach. The Chief Recommends Some Light Summer Reads. FASHIONTRIBES BOOK BLOG »
Bloggers Brunched, Quaffed, Networked & Cheered Each Other On at the First Get Together of the "Bloggers Who Brunch" Lifestyle Bloggers Group. FASHIONTRIBES BLOG
(from left to right: Samir Arora, Glam.com, Constance White, eBay.com, Najwa Moses, Styleaholics.com)
The nitty gritty on the first Bloggers Who Brunch meeting:
- WHEN: Thursday, July 20th, 2006, 12-2 pm
- WHERE: Counter Vegetarian Restaurant and Organic Wine & Martini Bar, downtown NYC at 105 First Avenue (between 6th & 7th)
- WHAT: Scrumptious buffet-style vegetarian spread, a special pink Fashion Blogger cocktail by Bacardi, speakers & of course, networking
- WHO: Organized by Lesley Scott, Fashiontribes.com & Pamela Pekerman, Bagtrends.com.
- SPEAKERS: Meghan Cleary, Miss Meghan & author of The Perfect Fit; Constance White, Style Director for eBay.com on the challenges of blogging; Kathryn Finney, The Budget Fashionista & author of How to Be a Budget Fashionista on using your blog to promote yourself & thoughts on landing a book deal; Najwa Moses, host of the weekly videopodcast The In List on Styleaholics.com about cutting edge videopodcasting opportunities available to bloggers; and Samir Arora, CEO of Glam.com - beautifully summing up the incredible democratic publishing revolution underway online.
- OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS: Huge, huge thanks to Glam.com - our official sponsor for this event! (We heart Glam!), as well as Bust Magazine, Bourjois, & Bacardi - creators of the official tasty beverage of Bloggers Who Brunch, the pretty-in-pink Fashion Blogger, and providers of uber-bartender Joey Riela.
- & A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO: Jessica Carp & Jenn Spivak, Fashiontribes super-interns who magically got everything organized & off the ground.
Bloggers in 'da house:
Bennet Marcus, Open All Night; Clare Toohey, Sense of Soot (& others); Elke Von Freudenberg, The Beauty Newsletter; Lesley Scott, Fashiontribes Daily; Lauren Dimet, Second City Style; Miss Meghan, Miss Meghan; Emily Wall, Julie Fredrickson, Almost Girl; Phil Leif, Millionaire Socialite; the fabulous Karen of Clothes-Pin; Kim Weinstein, IAmPrettyNYC; Linda Lasala & Marlen, Girlawhirl ; Liza Sabater, CultureKitchen; Najwa Moses, Styleaholics, Pamela Pekerman & Michelle Finkelshteyn, Bagtrends.com; Patrice Callender, BooYouWhore.net; Tara Settembre, When Tara Met Blog; Valerie Ramirez; Kathryn Finney, TheBudgetFashionista; Vera Sweeney, I’m Not Obsessed; Tia Walker, The Quest for It; Danielle Friedland, Celebrity Baby Blog; Nichelle, Nichelle Newsletter.
While brunching & schmoozing is fun, some of the most important raisons d'etre for BWB are:
- help the media & press realize there are plenty of high-quality blogs
- provide a resource for the media seeking experts, stories & quotes to help the blogosphere with issues such as protecting legit bloggers from plagiarizing poachers (who know who they are!)
- For more info on upcoming BWB events, please email Lesley@Fashiontribes.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out what the Bloggers who were there have to report - along with pix too*:
- Sense of Soot
- I'm Not Obsessed
- Nichelle Newsletter
- When Tara Met Blog
- Gossip Digest
- Boo, You Whore!
- The Quest for It
* if you post about the event, send me the link at Lesley@fashiontribes.com & I'll be happy to add you to the list. And if you couldn't make it, but still want to enjoy a tasty beverage, here's the fab Fashion Blogger cocktail...& here's to the fashionable blogosphere!
- 1.5 oz. BACARDI ® GRAND MELON
- 3 oz. lemonade
- 1 oz Fresh Pomegranate Juice
- Combine all ingredients in cocktail shaker except seltzer & garnish. Add ice and shake well. Strain over ice in highball glass. Top with seltzer and stir gently. Garnish with lemon wedge or watermelon spike.*
- Lesley Scott
Fashiontribes Fashion Bloggers Who Brunch Blogger Association Fashion Blogger Association Blog Association Glam.com, Glam Network Bacardi Bust Magazine Fashion Blogger Cocktail Bagtrends Fashion Expert
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Bloggers Brunched, Quaffed, Networked & Cheered Each Other On at the First Get Together of the "Bloggers Who Brunch" Lifestyle Bloggers Group. FASHIONTRIBES BLOG:
Thanks for hosting such a great event and starting the org. Looking forward to more exchanges! :)
Posted by: Tara | Jul 21, 2006 9:30:08 PM
I'm on Glam.com too. I didn't get to attend the brunch, but I would like to be added to your fashion blog list. I'm StyleCrazy! (A Fashion Diary) at camie1113.blogspot.com
Posted by: Camille | Jul 24, 2006 12:52:22 PM
I'm so sorry I couldn't make it! I had to go out of town unexpectantly but I hope to make the next event.
Oh well, at least you had one Nichelle (Newsletter) there!
Posted by: Nichelle | Jul 24, 2006 1:08:17 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.