« Angelina Jolie Knows for the Power of a Simple but Sexy Black Tee. A Cozy, Well-Made Version of this Fashion Staple from ilux. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG | Main | Think Ice Cream is too Vanilla? Think Again-Fashiontribes Sweet Tooth Blog »
State of the Fashion Union: Is New York Too Commercial to Foster Creativity & Encourage Young Talent? The Fashiontribes Editors Discuss. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG & PODCAST
Oh yes, fashionistas, yet another day of the good old FT State of the Fashion Union. Todays topic? What your Editor Lesley and Blogette Rachel want from the upcoming New York Fashion Week. What we are looking forward to. Oh, and what we want to dissapear.
SOme of the highlights for ya:
- We are hoping for a little less commerciality.
- We want to find a new American saviour (a la Marc Jacobs)
- We are sick of designers showing to young. Designers in Europe apprentice, which enhances their talent.
- No more over/under styling. The clothes should speak for themselves, but we should avoid terrible shoes.
- No more freshman mistakes-impeccable tailoring please.
- We can't wait ot see what people like Tuleh and Marc Jacobs do. Fall always switches things up a bit, since with coats and tights there is so much to play with.
LESLEY'S TOP SHOWS:
- Sass & Bide
- Chado Ralph Rucci
- Carolina Herrera
- Keanan Duffty
RACHEL'S TOP SHOWS:
- Marc Jacobs
- Proenza Schouler
- Sass & Bide
- Derek Lam
- Peter Som
-Rachel and Lesley
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference State of the Fashion Union: Is New York Too Commercial to Foster Creativity & Encourage Young Talent? The Fashiontribes Editors Discuss. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG & PODCAST:
The comments to this entry are closed.