« The State of the Fashion Union #1: What the Bloggers Are Saying. FASHIONTRIBES FASHION BLOG | Main | If "What About Bob?" Were Set in England & Involved a Mysterious Chick Instead of Bill Murray, as Well as More Sturm & Drang, You'd end up with Ali Smith's "The Accidental". FASHIONTRIBES BOOK BLOG »
Fashiontribes Faves: The Months best Pop Culture Moments for January 2006 -Fashiontribes Pop Culture Blog
- American Idol *Is Kelly Clarkson a Music Hog"-Yeah, we are totally addicted. You got a problem with that? You know you love watching the talentless, semi-talented and other sing their hearts out. And, BTW, what is the deal with Kelly Clarkson not licensing the show to use her music? Ever heard of biting the hand that feeds you?
- Project Runway 2-We already have our faves-it's too addictive. So here is to Daniel Volosovic, Nick Verreos and of course Santino Rice. WHO doesn't?
- Skating with the Stars-Of all the reality shows, this seems the riskiest? I mean, what if Dave Coulier takes a blade to the head whilst throwing Nancy Kerrigan.
- The James Frey Affair-We loves A Million Little Pieces. Memory is subjective, so who cares if he embellished. As Oprah Said in Round 1, GET OVER IT!!!**************
- The Reese Witherspoon Golden Globes Dress Debacle-Oh, Chanel, how could you? Oddly shaped Reese could never compare to Kirsten-we love the dress, but the Red Carpet is not a place for such goofs.
- Pixar at the MOMA-It's about time we acknowledged how innovative their animation is.
- Kanye West - genius or general imbecile?-We like cocky, but does he take it to far? Demanding Grammy's. At least he has the talent to back it up.
- The Hipster Feud in Williamsburg- A recent Family Feud-style game night at the painfully hip Galapagos bar/artspace - and the first in what is apparently a planned series of Williamsburg-themed game shows...does this mean the 'Burg is so out, it's back in?
- 24 Hours on Craigslist - From roomates to diabetic feline support groups to transsexual rock concerts to, well duh, sex, Craigslist is one-stop shopping. It was only a matter of time before someone cemented its pop cultural implications with a documentary.
- The Downtown Show: The New York Art Scene 1974-1984 - For 150 years, Gotham has ruled much of the pop culture and art roost. Following the passage of NY's "loft law" legalizing artist residences, the downtown art scene exploded, and thankfully - in this era of Disney'fied NY - we're still basking in the glow as this show at NYU's Grey Art Gallery & Fales Library demonstrates.
- Lesley & Rachel
********Yes folks, almost an hour after I wrote this, Mr. Frey appeared on Oprah, where she shamed him and he admitted to stretching the truth. A Lot. Disappointing? Of course-To believe that someone fought the good fight as he did in the book warms every human heart. Shame on you, Mr. Frey, for stealing my breath, my heart and my conscience and then kicking it in the gutter.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Fashiontribes Faves: The Months best Pop Culture Moments for January 2006 -Fashiontribes Pop Culture Blog: