Now that we’re well into December, there’s really no escaping the fact that Christmas is just around the corner. Happily, help is here in the form of our fab friends at The Idle Man, a young team of writers, designers and buyers with a genuine passion for music, food and of course men's fashion. They only recommend the stuff they love - and would wear - meaning no bootcut jeans or string vests need apply. Ever. Especially not when it comes to giving good gift.
You know what happens when you leave gift shopping to the last minute: a mad - and often unsuccessful - dash around your local shopping mall when you should really be at home drinking mulled wine and watching holiday movies. So if you haven't done so, it's probably time to get to work present shopping. Here are five great gifts that your brother, boyfriend, dad, or any other male acquaintance on your list would love to receive.
1. Novelty Christmas knitwear is a bit…lame to be honest, and should be avoided at all costs. Instead, grab your loved one something more mature and stylish like this festive Levi’s sweater (jumper) in a Fair Isle knit. Just the thing for those post-Christmas meal walks.
2. If you are planning on any last minute breaks with your man in the New Year, he is going to need a suitable bag. This sleek Focused Space Mainframe Weekend Bag is perfect for stashing all his necessities, plus he will look damn cool as well.
3. Holidays mean the inevitable and very non-festive hangovers. The best way to deal with them, of course, is with comfort food! When you've overindulged the previous evening, try some of the delicious recipes in the Dirty Food book with your loved ones. After all, the family that comfort-foods together...
4. If you are tempted to buy him shoes, you cannot go wrong something classic like these tan leather Hudson Callaghan Long Wing Brogues. They're perfect to team with some slim fit jeans and a sweater for a casual afternoon’s activity, or with some smart trousers and a crisp shirt for a night out.
5. The trusty plaid is one of those things nearly every guy will own at least one of - or should. This warm and rugged Bellfield Geary Shirt in Check Flannel will be a most welcome addition to his wardrobe and something he will get plenty of wear from during cold spells.