My first thought upon seeing this ColorWorld trend forecast for Summer 2015 was The Devil Wears Prada's Miranda Priestly in that editorial meeting.
However, I will say that the mood this Rainforest board evokes is certainly lush and irresistible. "The abundance of luscious greens gives depth and richness to the palette, while bright corals and fuchsias make the color scheme more jubilant and festive," they explain. "The bright turquoise enhances the vibrancy of the greens and the earthy brown binds the colors together giving the palette a more organic feel."
I do like these Rainforest color-combinations they compiled which would certainly help inspire fashion originality:
To inject your own warm-weather look with a tropical vibe this season, try some or all of these:
- skip any and all foundation & opt for , a healthy and protective sheen, try organic coconut oil that is refined (it has no scent); also, coconut oil is microbial, meaning anti-breakout
- up the sultry quotient with a vibrant waterproof eyeliner in a jungle'y green or rainforest'y purple; I really love-love-love the Jordana ones from the drugstore: they're cheap but shiny (like me) with ninja-level staying power
- slick on some tropical-hued lipgloss in a sweltery shade fuchsia, papaya or tangerine (try Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture)
- slather on some coconut-scented oil for a hit of that delicious throwback Hawaiian-Tropic-sunbathing appeal - try Hawaiian Tropic Fragrance Oil from either ChemistryStore.com or Wellington Fragrances
- slip on a gypsy'ish earring like these chandelier lovelies by Isharya
- Lesley Scott