This Wedding Season, Here's How to Kick Up Your Heels
There's the menu, the music, the honeymoon (duh!) & of course, the sartorial star of the show, the D-R-E-S-S. But when planning your Big Day, be sure the big ticket items don't inadvertently cause you to overlook what kind of style statement you plan on making below the ankles. Your choice in fab footwear says a lot about your personal taste, your standards for style and even your attention to detail. Whether you prefer strutting your stuff in stilettos, getting your Audrey Hepburn on in ballet flats or going beachy-peachy caszh in cute flip flops, before your final dress fitting, decide on your shoes because what you have on your feet will make a big difference in the way your gown drapes & flows. (illustration)
Pump it Up!
1. The Dos Noeud by Christian Louboutin not only has the requisite red sole, but a feminine bow as well to add a delicate touch to your ankle. The towering heel guarantees you'll look long & lean.
2. If you want a little glitter to help you glide down the aisle, the Jimmy Choo Kendall delivers in sparkly spades. The only drawback is that it's a tad spendy...as in a budget-busting $2,995.
3. With a charming silver feather adorning an otherwise traditional white satin pump, this delightful number by Manolo Blahnik is perfect for any wedding-day swans.
4. White satin certainly makes it easy to stay classic, but that doesn't have to mean boring. The Badgley Mischka Aria keeps the focus on everything but your feet, but completes the look with style and grace. The collection also plays with tulle and chiffon, bringing a little bit of girlish fun to your feet for the big day, including the fact that you can easily coordinate your bridal party with similar shoes in any hue.
5. Instead of pumps, maybe you're thinking sandals. The attention-grabbing Tabitha Simmons Chandelier Crystal Sandal ties in back with an ornate white satin bow, leaving the front of your foot draped in enough crystals and sparkle to (almost) rival the shine on your ring finger.
6. Another dazzling bling option is the Jimmy Choo Melody, which sparkles aplenty but also gives your feet oodles of much-deserved breathing room.
7. Brides who want to feel like Cinderella can do no better than the Benjamin Adams collection of glass-slipper styles including heels, flats, wedges and slings. Each is glittery and gorgeous and the collection is one of the more budget-friendly lines for wedding couture.
- This sponsored post was written for Fashion Tribes by Monica Fortini. Monica is the fashion purchaser for CC’s Boutique, the premier Tampa Bridal Salon.