Pink Channels Marilyn - or her Coiffure at Least. Here's How Steal Her Look.
Celebrity hairstylist Marcia Hamilton styled Pink for this shoot. Here's how to steal some of this hair magic for yourself:
1. Start with freshly-shampooed & -conditioned locks. Hamilton used White Sands Orchid Bliss Shampoo and Conditioner for this shoot. "The hot pink mybotto inverted bottle holder (seen here) allows me to get all of the shampoo and conditioner out of the bottle, even to the very last drop," reveals Hamilton.
2. Apply a few pumps of volumizing mousse evenly from roots to tips for lift and texture.
3. Using a medium-round boar-bristle brush, blow hair dry.
4. Clip extension pieces into the crown of your hair, making sure to leave enough out on the perimeters for coverage. "If your hair is fine or a bit short," adds Marcia, "I suggest using clip in extensions to achieve P!nk's 'Marilyn' style. Approximately 3 pieces should do the trick."
5. Spray hair with a heat protect styling spray (her pick: White Sands Liquid Texture Firm) and use a medium-to-large curling iron to curl your entire head. The leave it for a few minutes to cool completely.
6. For streaks of playful color, apply Hypercolor Hair Powder with a makeup brush. Then set the style with a medium hold hairspray, teasing the roots a bit before combing through the curls for this sexy voluminous look.
1. If your hair is really clean, add a bit of a mattifying powder.
2. Section out the crown area and create volume with a large-barrel curling iron. As each curl is formed, pin it out of the way before moving to the next section of hair.
3. Take a nickel size glob of pomade and rub hands together, applying to the sides and back.
4. Brush sides back. If hair is too long, secure with bobby pins.
5. Take pins out of the crown, tease and run fingers through the curls. Spray with White Sands Stuck Up Mega Hold Hairspray for maximum hold and volume.
- Lesley Scott
(photos: Deborah Anderson)