Recently, a gorgeous blonde beauty blogger posted on Facebook that she was leaving for a holiday vacation and she just was frantic about what she would do about her hair. (She has hair issues? Who knew.) And in the painfully real documentary "Good Hair" by comic Chris Rock, his very young daughter comes home crying and asking, “Daddy, how come I don’t have good hair?" It’s a question nearly every grown woman - regardless of race, creed or hair type - spends much of her time worrying about.
For most of us, even those of us with "good" hair, we will wear hair extensions, tease, relax, curl or do anything to have a good hair day each and every day. Although I have "good" hair, I can't blow it dry like a pro; instead, I sometimes wrap it at night to straighten it, or sleep in bucles (a Spanish term for rolling sections of your hair into roller-less curls).
Which is why Sultra's new beauty styling tools could be the answer to many of our prayers.
So my wrapped and pin-straight hair (which is medium-textured and slightly wavy ) was put to the Sultra test. Their motto “let beauty you love be what we do” has a mantra-like quality of a meditative ‘sutra’ (your hair will look great…your hair will look great…) and promises the sultry sensuality of the Kama Sutra.
In the expert hands of Sultra's uber-stylist, Omar Lopez - a Mercedes Benz Fashion Week mane man and known in the industry for creating versatile hair styles for L’il Kim and Lindsay Lohan - within 10 minutes (!) my hair was blow dried and curled into seductive waves which no bocles could ever create - using Sultra’s “Sophisticated Blowdryer” and ”Seductress” styling tool; it curls or straightens your hair depending on your mood. "Why be the same woman twice? Enjoy the trendy and edgy look of straight hair and bangs or glam curls with side swept bangs in under 10 minutes," says Lopez. "Since Biblical days, a woman’s hair has been her crowning glory. What use is clothing, make-up and jewelry if you are unhappy with your hair?"
I am all thumbs with a blow dryer, especially doing the back of my hair. But with the “Sophisticated" blowdryer - which is ergonomically designed and has three adjustable settings depending on hair type - all I had to do was rough-dry my towel dried wet hair WITHOUT A BRUSH, and it looked...GOOD. But I wanted GREAT, and by simply holding the seductress with both hands near the roots and turning it under and running it at a quick pace, within 20 minutes I had lush locks or edgy straight hair...and I did it myself!
So why are these tools the best I have tested? More than just the flick of the wrist, it’s all about the anti-static, anti- frizz technology:DELICIOUS DETAILS:
• By the Numbers 2 air speeds & 3 temperature settings designed specifically for fine, normal or thick hair generate the optimal temperature to rapidly dry hair without damaging it.
• Faster Drying & Healing The exclusive Ionic Generator produces 100% negative ions—more than any other dryer available on the market!—which causes water molecules to break into fine particles. Translation: Lower temperature (ie. less heat overexposure) & faster drying more easily penetrates the hair shaft, seals the cuticle, and allows moisture to be restored within. The result: a shinier, smoother tresses.
• More Quiet The Internal Air Jet, made from glass-infused Nylon 66, reduces noise, resists heat and creates a durable, protective casing for the dryer motor. A rubber-trimmed, durable design helps keep it from sliding off countertops and makes it fit comfortably in the hand.
• Peace of Mind A two–year warranty plus auto-shutoff after 30 minutes. Change your mind? The heat-recovery time is just 4 seconds! Also, should you want to travel in style, it has universal voltage.
There so many great products in the line, I wish I had the time (but I am too busy looking at my hair) to write about them, but I will be picking up one of the laser smooth straight smooth iron in a wickedly chic patterned animal print for myself and for my fretting friends this season, JUST LIKE CELEBS Sophia Coppola, and the Kardashian sisters.
Because every woman deserves great hair.
- Michelyn Camen, Editor at Large
||...& don't miss: