You've been dating Mr. Seemingly Perfect. Everything's fabu and chances are, next time you go out, you'll be waking up at his place. "How do you pack for it without being presumptous?" ponders Divorce360.com about the issue of not showing up with prepacked suitcase (creepy!) but unobtrusively having the right just-in-case essentials to avoid the Walk of Shame (wobbling home in last night's heels, smeared makeup & telltale date dress).
THE RIGHT BAG Thankfully roomy bags are all the rage. Either opt for a tote that passes for a purse, or pick up Rebecca Minkoff's clever Morning After bag designed with just your dilemma in mind. What appears to be a city slouch contains two crafty zipper pockets and sufficient space fit everything you need both the night before and the next morning. The zesty tangerine shade keeps it from looking like you brought your dreary day bag on a date, while the bright color keeps you right on-trend as you slink home the following day.
Now here's what to stash in your double-agent of a purse:
A travel toothbrush, toothbrush and mini mouthwash are all a must, as are an extra pair of panties and condoms (yes, it may seem forward, but it's your body and you're both adults). Try the completely fabulous Ho on the Go kit which contains a toothbrush, toothpaste, two condoms, a thong, and a moist towelette.
- oversized glamorous sunglasses
- a pair of tweezers (to banish those stray black hairs that love to materialize just before a hookup)
- contact lens accoutrements - the Pucci'esque Glam Rhinestone Travel Contact Lens Case squeezes a contact case, two solution bottles, and tweezers into a petite mirrored compact measuring a mere 3.5"x2.5"
- a cute ponytail holder like Goody's Lustrous Gem Ponytailer
- travel-sized moisturizer to clean up any tell-tale makeup smudges
- a few Q-tips
- flip flops (if it's warm) or easily-stashed flats like the Tess Classic Scrunch by Matt Bernson to avoid having to head home in heels
- a tinted lipgloss like Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 in Cranberry or the Benefit Benetint mini lip and cheek stain Pocket Pal - both which can also be dabbed on cheeks for a faux-natural flush
- Lesley Scott
||...& don't miss: