A sunny spring day in Soho, NYC - overhead outside the Chanel store: Fashionista #1 (shifting at least four fancy, brimming shopping bags from one hand to the other): "Big prices for things like shoes and jeans...they just don't scare me anymore." Fashionista #1, similarly laden with logo-covered shopping packages, just nods, almost ruefully.
If your fashionista tendancies have gotten to the point that you're actually considering signing up for a wait list with the hopes of dropping $800 on the Dior Extreme Cutout Gladiator (who's name aren't these calling, and loudly?!), then it might be time for some pause for thought.
Worried you might be headed the Carrie route of being the old woman who lived in her pricey designer shoes? The Fashion Addiction has these questions to ask yourself before posted opening your wallet:
1. Do I love it?
2. Can I afford this?
3. Is it worth its cost? Is it valuable?
4. What could I be buying for the same price instead of this?
5. Do I have something like this?
6. What will I wear this with?
7. Will it last?
8. How many different ways can I wear this?
9. Is this aesthetically pleasing?
10. Where and when am I going to wear this?
- Lesley Scott
(illustrations: shopping bag pile - Lucky Oliver; credit card trap - istockphoto.com)
||...& don't miss: