Top 10 Trends & Must-Haves for Spring #5: Romantic Florals
Florals make it fun to be a girl, but indulging without inducing sugar shock can be tricky. To keep clear of grandma territory, an edgy shoe is mandatory - a la Balenciaga with a beefy gladiator or a chunky strappy sandal. Also, no droopy shapes! The juxtaposition of ethereal print vs. strong fabric makes it modern, so look for crisp fabrics and more structured, figure-flattering silhouettes.
Alternatively, smell the roses with accessories. Try sexing up an otherwise standard khaki shirtdress or neutral sheath with flashy floral pumps and a standout bag.
Some fun floral options to try:
- Michelle Jank rose, tulle, ribbon, pearl & lace floral neckpiece
- Backyard Oaks bag
- Thakoon "arrow" seamed dress
- Stubbs & Wootton Classic velvet slipper in Forget Fuschia
- Guess floral Newbury Mary Jane peeptoe
- Kenneth Jay Lane pink flower ring
(runway photos: style.com; Balenciaga Spring 2008 runway photo in still life - timeinc.net)