As a designer - my line is RIVETED Clothing & Accessories - I've developed an eye for style over the years...and right along with it, a nose for a bargain. Half the fun of fashion is looking fabulous without needing to declare bankruptcy. Each week, I showcase hot designer-style steals (each for $100 or, in most cases, for much, much less)...along with one splurge-worthy item.
This gorgeous heart necklace on the Armani Prive Spring 2008 Couture runway made us glad to shed our fall layers, show some skin and wear our heart on our sleeve, neck, chest, and anywhere else fun and fabulous. Show yourself the love with these five picks at prices that will love you & your wallet back...now that's amore!
Where to get the goods:
- Bleeding Heart cap sleeve tee Girlie but with a touch of rocker sass, this $24 cap-sleeve number comes with black, red, or brown sleeves. Love the sentiment? Find it on thousands - thousands! of items, including housewares at Cafepress.com, where the merch is designed by real people instead of a faceless mega-corporation with no, er, heart. You can even create a design yourself while you're at it.
- Juicy Couture Scottie leather wristlet The little gold scottie charm will probably inspire you to take this lil' cutie out when walking your pooch, or even just a short trip to the corner deli. It's the perfect size and price - $95 - for a quick excursion, or as a sweet clutch with that flowery frock waiting impatiently in your closet for spring to spring. Until then, wear it with your denim capris on casual chic days, along with a big flower corsage pinned to your blouse to celebrate all that's carefree and girlie.
- Fred Flare Red Doily heart earrings These may remind you of the doilies at Granny's house, but in foxy red, they've been updated for 2008, and laser-cut with detail that belies their $10 price tag. Oversized and eyecatching, they would look just as fab paired with a striped marine-inspired sweater for a weekend matinee as with a dark wrap dress for a night out on the town. Regardless, dangling from your lovely lobes, they're sure to sweeten up any ensemble.
- Metallic Love/Hate print boot Uggs definitely redeemed themselves earlier this winter when a number of well-known celebs handpainted them and auctioned them off for charity. Even if you missed snagging a pair, this funky $20 version is updated with a cool bronzey glow and a tattoo-like mixed message - perfect for keeping your fans guessing.
- La Redoute cotton twill cropped pants Add some brightness to any early spring days with these lovely pink capris (we heart their heart hue) paired with peep-toe platform pumps and a wrap sweater. On sale for $15, you'll have enough left over for a chic beret and a fantastic brooch to pin back romantic piles of cashmere scarves to complete the ensemble. And later on in the season, lighten up with a thin print tee and some sexy strappy sandals.
- Splurge of the Week: D&G Dolce & Gabbana silver heart pendant necklace I admit it: I have a sweet tooth and dream of dolce...and Gabbana, that is. With its high-polish finish, sparkly stones, lever clasp, and leather cord, this piece is both sweet and a little tart. $150, and worth every penny, bless its cheeky little heart.
If there are any high-priced pieces you'd like me to find similar, less costly versions of, please email me at *carlyjcais AT riveted-clothing.com*. 'Til next week, fellow bargain-hunters!
- Carly J. Cais
(photos: Armani Prive runway at top - style.com; in stilllife- Wendylady's Fashion Journal)
||...& don't miss: