Fall 2008 Fashion Week: Backstage Hair Trend Update from Ashley Javier for Herbal Essences
Rather than the usual cut-it/grow-it/layer-it/color-it edicts, in a backstage interview, the always charming editorial stylist Ashley Javier for Herbal Essences provided more interesting guidelines for keeping your tresses properly trendy this fall (check out the fun video we shot with Ashley last year backstage at Isaac Mizrahi). "It's about having an edge to balance off the femininity of the clothes," he explains about how to wear your hair in a season dominated by yet more ruffles, girlie chiffons & lace, and rich hues of royal purple and a beachy blue. "Instead of hairspray, use gel to add shine and control flyaways. Rather than the movement we've been seeing in past seasons, the focus is on creating textured volume."
Ashley Javier's fall hair tipsheet:
- Shine If your tresses need a boost, try new Herbal Essences All That Shine.
- Fight flyaways a mussy no-no this season, the trick is gel, gel, and more gel. try: Thicker Fuller Hair Thickening Gel
- Did we mention gel? Instead of hairspray, go with gel this season. another one to try: Aveda Brilliant Retexturing Gel
- Volume Even if you're just going to wear your hair in a pony tail, first break out the curling iron or rollers first, and get lift around the crown. After the curls cool, run your fingers through your hair, smooth down any flyaways, and then tie it back. try: Conair's new Infinity Silver Nano line
- Edgy, not flowy Previous season have stressed hair that moves. This season, think polished volume instead.
- Lesley Scott
For our complete Fall 2008 Fashion Week coverage, CLICK HERE.
(photo: Bryan Bedder for The New York Times)
||...& don't miss: