Fall 2008 Fashionweek: a Luscious Color Palette of Rich Purples, Cool Blues & Earthy Neutrals
"Fall is traditionally a time for subdued, quiet colors, but this season we are seeing a shift toward cool hues with bright, exciting undertones," notes Leatrice Eiseman, the exective director of the Pantone Color Institute - the research arm of the color forecasting giant - which just released its Fashion Color Report for Fall 2008. "Conventional tones such as warm autumn hues, chocolate browns and steel grays are also among the fall color choices. Blue and purple tones have become staples, as illustrated by Blue Iris, one of the top 10 colors chosen by designers this season, and Pantone's Color of the Year for 2008."
About the Top 10 Fall Fashion Colors for 2008:
- Blue Iris (Pantone 18-3943) a balanced blue with undertones of purple
- Royal Lilac (Pantone 18-3531) red undertones give this hue heat & drama
- Shady Glade (18-5624) true green, unlike the yellowish greens of recent seasons
- Caribbean Sea (18-4525) extremely popular choice in jewelry & accessories
- Aurora Red (18-1550) true, energetic red
- Shitake (18-1015) understated yet complex
- Withered Rose (18-1435) pinkish with brown undertones - the palette's universal neutral
- Twilight Blue (19-3938) its twist on classic navy bridges spring into fall
- Burnt Orange (16-1448) a steady background that's gaining prominence
- Ochre (14-1046) mellow yellow with a hint of mustard, lightness & spice
- Lesley Scott
For our complete Fall 2008 Fashion Week coverage, CLICK HERE.
||...& don't miss: