Draconian New Year's resolutions virtually guarantee failure, so this year, why not try setting more realistic goals? "The key to sticking to resolutions and achieving the ultimate goal of looking and feeling great is setting simple, attainable everyday goals. Achieving realistic targets will provide the motivation to continue with resolutions long after the New Year has passed," advises Health and Beauty Expert Dr. Cheryl Perlis who specializes in non-surgical, cutting-edge aesthetic procedures. "The important thing is to believe in your natural beauty. The happiest, healthiest people have a positive outlook onwho they are and what they project to the world."
So instead of vowing to deny yourself dessert for the rest of your life, here are the Top 10 time-tested tips that help a girl get mind, body, health & confidence into the shape you've always wanted:
1. Get Moving Physical activity decreases stress, increases energy, and burns calories - but don't chain yourself to the gym and burn out. Instead, try to do something active 3-4 times per week, even if it means dancing for half an hour in the living room.
2. Don't be a Diet Nazi If you never allow yourself to eat treats after new year's eve, you're setting yourself up to fail. Instead, allow yourself to eat dessert on the weekends, and practice moderation..immoderately.
3. Get the Doctor's OK Make it part of your routine to consistently get pap smears, mammograms, and test for blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, depression, sexually transmitted diseases, and after age 65, Osteoporosis.
4. Go Green Slowly incorporating organic products into your daily life will have a tremendous longterm impact on your health and well-being. Start with some vegetables or basic groceries and then perhaps consider hair care, skin care and make up that doesn't include harmful chemicals and leaves you looking naturally radiant.
5. Take Your Vitamins Taking daily multivitamins combats stress, energizes the body and boosts physical and mental health. Feeling good is the first step to looking great.
6. Get Enough Calcium Not only does calcium strengthen the bones and protect the heart and body against various critical health conditions, it also improves premenstrual moods and maintains healthy looking teeth.
7. Take Care of Your Skin Stress, cold weather, and time can do a number on the resilience of your skin. Exfoliate regularly to combat dry, flaky skin; moisturize daily to prevent wrinkles and firm the skin; and for special occasions, consider tinted moisturizers or body shimmers. When your skin glows, so do you.
8. Drink Up! Water is the fountain of youth, and 8 cups a day do amazing things: help internal organs function properly; keep the immune system healthy; flush out waste & toxins; help maintain a healthy body weight; increase energy; keep skin hydrated; add that healthy glow to your complexion.
9. Pamper Yourself Take the time to get a massage, photo facial, Botox, or a mani-pedi. You'll leave feeling replenished, rejuvenate, and more self-confident - which all of us deserve.
10. Take "Me" Time Too many women don't take time for themselves, and end up feeling overloaded and frazzled. Even if it's just 10 minutes a day to yourself, you'll feel happier and less stressed...which will show in your looks.
For more on Dr. Perlis, go to DrPerlis.com.
- Lesley Scott
||...& don't miss: