Glamorous Party Coiffure Ideas from Kevin Mancuso
With red carpet clients like Sienna Miller, Scarlett Johansson, Anne Hathaway & Halle Berry, Kevin Mancuso knows his way around a glam party 'do. In addition to his secret styling weapon (Nexxus VersaStyler Artistic Design Lotion), here are his step-by-step how to's on doing romantic waves, a sleek half-up, half-down "beehive" or a classic up-do:
CLASSIC GLAM UP-DO
(click on the how-to photos to enlarge them)
- After shampooing and conditioning, apply mousse (try Nexxus Mousse Plus) at the crown for volume and control. Then, work in Nexxus Versastyler from the mid-length to the ends so the style stays put the until the party's over.
- For added lift, rake your fingers through your hair as you blow dry, followed by a round brush.
- Set hair in large rollers to create more volume (try the new Conair Nano Silver Infiniti rollers which The Fashionable Housewife loved). Once hair is completely dry, remove rollers. Then, divide hair into sections, and create defined curls using a curling iron. Pull hair back to one side in a pony tail, and loop and pin small sections to create a cluster of beautiful curls.
- To create the marcel wave, pull a lock of hair behind the ear and clip into place in a stylized way. Let dry.
- For maximum hold, spray with extra hold hairspray before removing clips.
- After shampooing and conditioning with a shampoo & conditioner for straight hair (try Nexxus Sleektress Shampoo & Hydra Sleek Conditioner), build volume and lift by applying Nexxus Root Exxtend Lift Spray at the crown. Next, smooth Nexxus SleekStyle Calming Creme through to the ends.
- To enhance straightening, blow dry at an angle using an air directional nozzle and a round brush from underneath, smoothing as you go.
- Back comb at the crown to create a volumized shape. Then, pull hair up with your brush, and hold in place as you blow dry.
- Once shape is created, flat iron hair in sections (again, try the new Conair Infiniti super fast flat iron).
- Let a breakaway piece of hair fall gently to one side of the face. Then, pull a lock of hair from each side, and pin at the back pushing up hair slightly as you pin to define the volumized shape. Spray with hairspray for hold.
- Shampoo & condition - try Nexxus Therappe Shampoo and Nexxus Humectress Conditioner - and comb Nexxus Exxtra Gel evenly through damp hair.
- Blow dry with a smaller sized round brush, concentrating on smoothing the ends.
- Use a curling iron to create waves, clipping them into place to hold shape. When hair is completely cool, remove the clips, and lightly run your fingers through waves to break up tightness.
- With a comb and a small finishing brush, style the waves so they follow the outline of your face— framing it in romantic waves.
- Finish with Nexxus Comb Thru for a long-lasting style.
- Lesley Scott
||...& don't miss: