StyleFeeder, a social shopping site, recently introduced its Personal Shopper online shopping assistant which helps fashion lovers find the best new must-haves - customized to individual tastes - as well as go shopping online with friends, connect with other shoppers to get feedback, find the best deals, and create a personalized shopping experience. Anyone can build their own stylefeed of favorite products and must-haves, and get inspiration from high profile fashionistas like MaryKate & Ashley Olsen, Lauren Conrad, and Kelly Rowland. .
StyleFeeders are also experts at recreating luxe looks for less, finding their preppy fix at places like J.Crew, boho tops & tunics (Anthropologie), hot new fall must-haves (Libertine for Target), as well as Forever 21, Top Shop & Delias for picking up trendy items that won't break the bank. In deferring to the wisdom of the group, Stylefeeders recently went to its community members to find out what's really on the fashion radar for fall.
The Top 10 StyleFeeder Fall Fashion Trends:
- SKINNY JEANS RULE Despite what some fashion magazines might tell you, the answer seems to be resoundingly in favor of skinny jeans. StyleFeeders - both lean and curvy - are looking forward to wearing their skinny jeans tucked into boots with a great sweater, or with flats and a boxy retro jacket.
- TURN UP THE VOLUME Summer's flirty, voluminous tops and dresses will continue well into autumn, as comfy tunics in cozy fabrics like jersey and wool pair well with patterned tights and ankle boots.
- GREY IS THE NEW...Flowy tops in shade of grey pair well with shoes and handbags in this classy, muted shade, expecially paired with shimmery, metallic accessories in pewter, pink, purple and pearl.
- MAD FOR PLAID Elevate a tartan with unexpected feminine details like a big bow or French cuffs on a boyfriend shirt. If you're on the shyer side, stick to plaid accessories, like scarves, headbands and belts. For even more boarding school chic, one StyleFeeder suggests adding a prep-school iron-on badge to a plaid bag.
- MILITARY-INSPIRED TRENCHCOATS The "it" coat for fall, try a trench with military-inspired details, like brass buttons or a low-slung belt. Extra points for also incorporating a plaid pattern to tackle two trends with one item.
- TALLY HO! Equestrian-inspired boots are hot-hot-hot, especially as tall boots in rich brown and black leather.
- CHIC BALLET FLATS While they are showing no signs of going away, try a slight wedge heel or ankle strap to ensure you still look cutting-edge.
- COLOR ME BLUE & PURPLE Look for anything royal, lapis, blueberry, or mauve. "I love this upcoming color palette for the fall and winter season!" says StyleFeeder Carrie Woomer, who also happens to be the Co-Owner of Skorch Magazine, an online fashion magazine for ladies size 12 and up (SkorchMagazine.com). "Tons of plums, indigos and charcoals!" .
- PROFESSOR CHIC The V-neck sweater vest is a preppy staple that looks great on both men and women. Instead of the usual Oxford cloth buttondown, pair with a blouse with tulip or bell sleeves for an ultra-feminine look.
- PATENT LEATHER FABULOUSNESS Sass up flats, mary janes or towering heels in this provocative fabric, or cinch a flowing top with a shiny belt, or sling on a bag with patent accents. Just don't overdo it...one patent leather item at a time, please.
- Lesley Scott