Losing Weight is Tough, But Needn't be Grim. Take Heart with Fellow Loser Jami Bernard in her Weight Loss Chronicle: "75 Pounds & Counting: My Excellent Adventure in Weight-Loss." FASHIONTRIBES BEAUTY BLOG
As film critic for the NY Daily News, Jami Bernard was a total babe living the fabulous life, reviewing movies, hanging out with movie stars, and gaining weight - 100 pounds worth. When the scale finally hit 230 pounds, she made a vow to lose the weight. Her paper even had her pen a weekly a column for the Sunday edition about what it was like to lose the weight (and then relapse!), at the same time she was losing and relapsing.
The end result is a new book: The Incredible Shrinking Critic: My Excellent Adventure in Weight Loss, during which time she dropped 75 pounds. For anyone who's struggled with the scale, this humorous, realistic look at weight and weight loss serves up tasty tidbits & interesting insights such as:
- how she discovered that she wanted to be fat for all those years as a form of self-protection
- why willpower isn't enough to help you lose weight over the long haul
- diets can help, but will always let you down in the end
- the best weight loss strategy revolves not around finding the best diet book, but good planning, such as knowing in advance what to order at a restaurant, and planning ahead for setbacks so they don't set you back for good
- weight loss is not about numbers, but a willingness to make changes - even drastic ones like ditching your old food-abusing friends
Available at Amazon.com.
- Lesley Scott