(Photo from allencountydrivealive.org)
In a poll of teens aged 12-17 about their thoughts on the American drinking age of 21, market researchers at ICR discovered that a surprising two-thirds are in favor of leaving the drinking age where it is.
The top reasons - in order - why teens avoid alcohol?
- fear of losing their driver's license
- influence of friends
- the folks
- school alcohol awareness programs
- the penalties from getting caught - such as community service
Other fun findings:
- teens believe the most appropriate punishment for underage drinking is community service - by a much wider margin even than being punished by having your driver's license suspended
- close to 85% agreed that using a fake ID was a bad, bad thing
- via YPulse
- Lesley Scott