Delices de Cartier, their First Women's Fragrance Since 2003's Le Baiser du Dragon, Debuts 2/6 & Pays Homage to Panthers - both Real & Bejeweled - as Well as the Jewelry House's Other Lust-Inspiring Baubles. FASHIONTRIBES FRAGRANCE, PERFUME & FASHION BLOG
Referencing everything from their famed Trinity ring, with its distinctive yellow, white and pink-gold bands, to their Delices de Goa jewelry line - delices meaning "delights" & "delicious" - Delices looks to be delightful. "The word 'delight' transports the body and mind," Annalisa Loustau-Elia, the Paris-based managing director of marketing and communication told WWD (Cartier's Latest Fragrance Jewel, Friday, January 13, 2006, by Jennifer Weil and Pete Born). "We wanted first of all to have something representative of Cartier — something recognizable that leaves a wake...Think of the panther. It is a sublime animal that can also be dangerous."
Aimed at the under 40s crowd, Delices de Cartier - their sixth women's fragrance - is consciously targeted at a younger woman than the Baiser du Dragon wearer, and enters new perfume territory for the house: the fruity floral group. "This one is more feminine, younger and accessible," noted Frederic de Narp, president and chief executive officer of Cartier for North America.
The 411 on the fruity floral Delices de Cartier:
- created by perfumer Christine Nagel while she was @ Quest International (now she's at Givaudan)
- a heart of freesia & violet, as well as three types of jasmine: pink, white & yellow (homage to the Trinity ring), which the perfumer felt would "add dimension to the head"
- base notes of Tonka beans, amber & sandalwood - & according to Nagel, "the effect is of a magic potion"
- head notes of pink pepper, frozen Morello cherry & Sicilian bergamot
- the bottle, designed in-house, references one of Cartier's 20s art deco brooches
- it will be available in eau de toilette spray, perfume, body cream, body milk & shower gel
- debuts Feb. 6th in the US at Cartier boutiques, Neiman Marcus & Bergdorf Goodman
- available in March at Cartier boutiques internationally
starting in April at Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, Sephora, Macy's and Holt Renfrew nationwide; and available in Italy starting in September
- Lesley Scott