Do you dream of a fabulous life in the fashion spotlight? Perhaps you wish to be on tv commercials? Fashiontribes has the woman for you! Charismatic Linda Bennett-she is seconds away from being on TV, I promise-gave Fashiontribes the lowdown on today's crazy modeling world. She also wants YOU-our readers- who feel that you should be a professional clothes hanger or a dazzling actress-to contact her with the following:
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with 2 images-Face and Figure, your age, your measurements(waist, hips, bust), height, weight, name and address, e-mail, and telephone, and whether you are interested in acting and commercials or just modeling.
If you live near Florida Panhandle, check out Linda's Scouting events at FUDPUCKERS -$15 to enter. The first one is June 11th in Destin Florida at Fudpucker's. One model management- last years winner Mary Flynn is still signed with One-will be there, and there will be tons of prizes-cash, cosmetic dentistry, jewelry and more. The lucky winner in the modeling competition will receive an interview with One Model Management,while the acting winner will get a Professional On Camera Video Workshop. You must be 13 and over.
Some thoughts from Linda Bennett on the modeling industry:
- The current trends in modeling? The industry is no longer a trend-driven one. Both Classic Beauties and Quirky Beauties are top faces.
- The age of Supermodel-dom is over. We don't know the names of most of today's top girls-but we definitely know their faces.
- Celebrity is very important today. Girls like Gisele blew up by associating with a celeb. Many girls turn from modeling to acting-see Amber Valletta.
- Linda Helped Discover girls like Amy Wesson (13th cousin to Elvis-from Tupelo Mississippi, did campaigns for Valentino, Versace, Dolce and Gabbana, and now does Neiman Marcus catalogue), Amanda Moore (Elle and Vogue covers, Missoni and Dolce and Gabbana ads), Tracy Baudy (Did the Guess ads-barely 5'7"), Ian Sommerhalder (Lost), and Lacey Chabert (Party of Five and Mean Girls).
- Model does not mean skinny. Girls (and boys) who are full-figured have an entire industry based around them. It's all about proportions-whether your 34-24-34 or 36-26-36 or 36-28-38, it's about the 10 inch proportion ratio.
LINDA BENNETT'S TOP 5 Modeling Agencies
Linda likes agencies that are multifaceted-meaning they have divisions. Men's and Women's Divisions, TV Division's, and other important sections add flair to the agency. However, there are still some wonderful boutique agencies. The advantage to a boutique agency is that they don't have a zillion bookers, so everyone knows the models they represent.
5. One Models (part of the Elite Group)-4 or 5 bookers, don't take many new models, but they represent Eva Herzagova, Naomi Campbell, and Linda Evangelista.
4.DNA-Very creative, has a male and female division. Bookers used to be with DNA.
3.Women-Found Kate Moss. They only have Women, but are strongly creative
2. Click- Has a large division in LA called Flick, which will soon be releasing a movie called Madison Wisconsin.
1.Planit M-Run by Jan Planit-a new agency that is growing very quickly.
LINDA BENNETT'S TOP 5 things Scouts look for in a Model
Linda Bennett's Bible:3 d's and 2 a's
Ability (to do Anything)
Here's To Your 15 minutes!