From May 6-8, the Fashiontribes 'hood of DUMBO, in Brooklyn, will be hosting one of the most-talked about design events for showcasing new talent. It will be three happy, shopping-filled days of all-new furnishings, lighting, rugs & decorative accessories to give your home, office or garden a much-needed style shot in the arm...or in this case - living room.
- Argington - Designs for cool tots
- Erin Wilson Quilts - Not your grandma's quilt
- Amy Helfand - Fanciful fine art for the floor
- Pratt Institute of Art - The design world's future stars
- Eric Manigian - Future "heirlooms" made with unique woods
- HereThere Designs - Innovative lighting that is 100% recyclable
- DESU purekitchen & Material Process Systems - kitchen of the future
- Design Breakthroughs by Metropolis Editor-in-Chief Susan Szenasy
- An insider's guide to Brooklyn design retailers/showrooms
- A presentation by celeb sculptor Tom Otterness
- Mother's Day Cooking Demo & Tasting by Celebrity Chef, Katy Sparks; custom portraits of parents & kids by the founding artist of NYSketches, Rebecca Miller - all sponsored by TimeOut NY Kids & BSH
BKLYN DESIGNS 2005, St. Ann's Warehouse, 38 Water Street & Brooklyn Designs Gallery, 37 Main St., DUMBO, Brooklyn. Admission $10 per person per day. www.brooklyndesigns.net.
- Friday, May 6, 10 am - 8 pm
- Saturday, May 7, 10 am - 7 pm
- Sunday, May 8, 10 am - 5 pm